Thursday, July 18, 2013

Thankful Thursday: Delight, Part 1






The capacity for delight is the gift of paying attention.
Julia Margaret Cameron

This week I was reading photographer Gennifer Carragher's 
Facebook page The Red Road.
Each month Gennifer posts a photo theme to her Facebook page,
and we can post our images on the page. 
This month Gennifer created a Delight Photo Hunt,
which I thought was a great summer day activity to keep
the boy and I entertained.

We went to visit our friends Lynn and Mario,
who have an amazing collection of antiques and live on a
gorgeous property in Anmore.

To be honest, on the day of this photo hunt I was not feeling
grateful at all. The baby had been awful the night before,
and we were all grumpy and irritable as we got in the car.
But sometimes there is nothing better than a distraction
from our own misery. 

So here is part one of our delight photo hunt,
reminding me that even on the most miserable mornings,
there are things to be grateful for all around us.

feathers

flowers

sprinklers

creating

dancing

stars

food

joy

amusement

games
 Thank you to Lynn and Mario for sharing a lovely lunch
and helping us hunt down all our treasures!

I'll post Part Two next week!

What is bringing you delight this week?

 

2 comments:

  1. What a delightful day with Mom, Baby Gavin and everyone's favourite Superhero Gabe. You forgot your raspberries :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I was so annoyed when I realized that...

    ReplyDelete